Narcotic addiction is a wide spread problem in the United States. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, over 23 million people over the age of 12 are addicted to some form of narcotic. Fortunately, there are a variety of treatment options to help you get over this addiction. There are plenty of choices when it comes to rehabilitation facilities. If you are addicted to narcotics, your insurance might cover a luxury treatment facility. In order to choose the best luxury rehab facility it is important to understand what narcotics are, why you might need a rehab, and why choosing a luxury rehab might be for you.
What are Narcotics?
Under the Substance Abuse Act, narcotics are a substance that alters mood or behavior and is sold or used for nonmedical purposes. This includes just about all illegal drugs and legal drugs that people use for recreation. Some of the most common narcotics are prescription painkillers, heroin, and other opiates.
According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, narcotics are opioids and opiate drugs. This term refers to:
- Opium derivatives,
- Methadone, and
- Their synthetic substitutes.
All of these substances are highly addictive and can cause problems when they are not take as prescribed or are taken and sold illegally.
What are the Symptoms of Narcotic Addiction?
The symptoms of narcotic addiction vary depending on the drug but the basic symptoms of addiction are:
- tolerance to the drug,
- taking more than prescribed,
- doctor shopping,
- worrying about running out of the drug,
- drug seeking behavior, and
- stealing drugs from friends and family members.
When you start experiencing these symptoms, it is time to seek treatment for your drug addiction. Although these signs might be subtle, if you are prescribed an addictive drug you have to watch out for them.
What are the Symptoms of Narcotic Withdrawal?
The symptoms of narcotics withdrawal depend mainly on the type of narcotic. There are however some symptoms that all opiates have in common. According to the National Library of Medicine, the main symptoms of narcotics withdrawal are:
- running eyes,
- running nose,
- excessive fatigue,
- abdominal cramping,
- pupil dilation,
- excessive sweating, and
- problems with temperature control.
These are just a few symptoms. Everyone reacts differently to withdrawal. It is important to remember that these symptoms are severe and if left untreated can develop into extreme dehydration, hallucinations, and psychosis.
Why choose a Luxury Inpatient Facility?
Part of choosing a rehab facility is finding one that you are comfortable with. The symptoms of narcotics withdrawal are extremely unpleasant and often lead to relapse. If you are in treatment doctors and staff are there to help you get through it in comfort.
Depending on your circumstance, you might want to choose a luxury rehab facility. A luxury facility is more likely to be able to make you comfortable during your rehabilitation. Luxury rehabs tend to be more expensive but they offer more in the way of alternative treatments and amenities that other facilities do. They also are normally well staffed.
Public or government funded rehab programs sometimes have staff problems, inadequate facilities, and only offer the bare minimum of treatment. Technically they offer everything you need to stop using but nothing you need to completely heal.
What Amenities are offered at a Luxury Facility?
One of the main reasons to choose a luxury inpatient rehab facility are the amenities they offer. Instead of just detox and counseling care, many of these facilities offer:
- aquatics – pools and Jacuzzis are offered in many of the luxury facilities,
- massage – massage is a wonderful way to ease the aches and pains of withdrawal,
- premium medical care – many luxury facilities offer a 24 hour on staff doctor,
- holistic medicine – treating the whole body instead of just focusing on the addiction,
- yoga classes – luxury rehabs often employ yoga instructors for exercise and relaxation,
- hypnosis – to help with both the drug addiction and other issues,
- spas – most modern luxury rehabs have a spa-like atmosphere and services to match,
- gym – many rehabs now recognize the benefits of physical exercise for both your state of mind and the health of your body.
- computer access – although this is mainly for business purposes, some have private computer access for their clients,
- personal assistants – again this service is usually for people who need inpatient rehab but cannot leave business behind,
- child care – some ultra luxury rehabs have child and day care centers for their clients.
There are many other amenities depending on the exact rehab. One of the main benefits of a luxury rehab is the personalized attention. Some people prefer the ordinary face in the crowd approach while others prefer the individualized treatment that luxury rehab offers.
Paying for Luxury Rehab
If you want a luxury rehab, you will need to know how you are going to cover the cost of it. Check with your insurance company. They often have provisions in their policies for different types of drug treatment.
Also many luxury rehab facilities have financial counselors on staff. They can help you find what you can afford and help with financing your treatment. For more information about luxury rehabs give us a call at 800-442-6158 Who Answers? .