Hawaii Opiate Addiction Treatment
In the state of Hawaii, prescription pill abuse and opiate addiction has increased significantly within the last ten years Some of the most notable areas for problematic drug usage, include Hilo and Honolulu. Approximately 250 individuals seek Hawaii opiate rehab treatment every year; Unfortunately, over 140 addicts will die annually from their opiate addictions.
For Help Finding a Treatment Center in Hawaii, Call:800-584-3274
HI TREATMENT FACTS
- Medication maintenance treatment for opioid addiction can involve the use of buprenorphine or methadone, the latter of which is usually the better option for those with more severe dependencies.
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “Most drug addiction treatment programs encourage patients to participate in group therapy during and after formal treatment.” This can be achieved by attending a professional group therapy program or a support group, either 12-step-based or non-12-step.
- Opioid addiction can sometimes require inpatient care early on simply because these drugs are so easily obtained and because many individuals cannot resist relapse at the beginning of their recoveries.
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 1.9 million Americans met the criteria for a prescription painkiller use disorder based on a 2013-2014 study.
Hawaii TREATMENT STATS
- As stated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hawaii’s drug overdose death rate increased by 3.7 percent between the years 2014 and 2015.
- In fact, more individuals died of overdose in 2014 in Hawaii than of motor vehicle traffic-related accidents (Hawaii State Department of Health).
- More than one-third of overdose deaths in the state between 2010 and 2014 were related to opioid drugs.
- Unfortunately, the number of individuals enrolled in opioid treatment programs and receiving methadone actually dropped from 663 in 2012 to 612 in 2013 (SAMHSA).
- According to the S. Department of Justice, the most diverted and abused controlled prescription drugs in Hawaii are painkillers like oxycodone and hydrocodone.
YOUR TREATMENT MAY BE COVERED!
Call now to find out if FREE TREATMENT is available to you!